Park Safety / Physical Improvements
- Instituted monthly clean ups to keep the park clean and safe.
- Worked with the 26th Police District to ensure regular police patrols.
- Installed a metal gate to the parking lot, which is closed at 9:00 pm each evening.
- Installed new playground equipment, new metal benches and picnic tables, lighting for William Penn’s statue, and doggie litter bag dispensers.
- Secured grants from the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development and the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society for park improvements.
- Initiated a year-long master planning process for the park, funded by generous grants from The William Penn Foundation and the PA Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, to envision the park’s future.
- Replaced the Treaty Tree.
- Developed a year-round series of programs for all segments of the community, including our unique Champagne in the Park fundraising event.
- Sponsored the 2010 Shadfest, which won Philadelphia Magazine’s Best of Philly award for Best Festival.
- Secured 501 c(3) nonprofit status and developed an active Board of Directors.
- Developed good working relationships with Fairmount Park, local organizations, and Central Delaware planning entities.
- Developed a beautiful new website with social media and online payment features.
- Developed a database that enables regular email communication with hundreds of park supporters.