There’s a lot going on at Penn Treaty Park this April.
- We are currently seeking volunteers for Shad Fest. It’s a great way to help out during our biggest fundraiser of the year. It’s super easy to sign up.
- Shad Week kicks off on Saturday the 16th with our very first Fishing Derby, which starts at 8 am. Dust off your fishing pole! At 10am, bring the kids out for our park Easter Egg Hunt.
- Tuesday the 19th join Johnny Brenda’s at Girard and Frankford in raising money for the Partnership for the Delaware Estuary by sampling some Delaware Bay oysters. Flying Fish beer and oyster sales will go toward river conservation projects.
- On the 21st, Starboard Side Tavern at Norris and Gaul streets will be hosting ShadQuizzo. Join your neighbors at 8 pm in testing your knowledge of the fish called Shad.
- And of course, the week is capped off by Shad Fest on Saturday the 23rd from 11am-6pm. Bands include Spinto Band, Black Landlord, West Philadelphia Orchestra, Springs, and Girls Rock Philly. Tons of craft and food vendors will be on hand. This will be the biggest Shad Fest to date! Rain date April 30th.
Please take a moment to donate to the Friends of Penn Treaty. Your donations go directly to improving and maintaining the park.